Everyone starts as a beginner, and it is normal to feel a little nervous when trying something new. Come take a class anyway! Thousands of people have increased their quality of life through Bikram Yoga, many who initially felt scared or intimidated. But they overrode that fear and now have the results to show for it. You can, too. Sign up for class today and find out for yourself why Bikram Yoga was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the “Top 10 Products That Will Make Your Life Easier“.
You can do this. Yes, you really can!
What to Bring:
- A waterproof yoga mat (no thick, padded mats as you will be unable to balance on them). You can rent or purchase a mat as well.
- A large towel to go over your yoga mat (beach towels work great). Towel should be big enough to cover your mat.
- Bottled water (only plain water is allowed in class). Please do not bring a glass bottle unless it has protective silicone casing.
- Proper attire. Dress prepared to sweat. Men wear shorts; Women generally wear shorts with sports bra and/or tank top. Bring a hair tie if you have long hair. Click here to read more about what to wear in our FAQ section.
- A friend! It’s always fun to practice with a yoga buddy :)
Things to Keep in Mind:
- All classes are 90 minutes and are open to beginners, so pick a class that works well with your schedule.
- Familiarize yourself with the Studio Etiquette before taking class.
- Be on time. Doors lock 5 minutes before class start time. You should arrive 20 minutes early for your first class for registration and orientation.
- Come to class fully hydrated. During class there are opportunities to drink water, but you need to drink water throughout the day in order to ensure that you are adequately hydrated.
- Come to class on an empty stomach. For most people leaving 2 to 4 hours between meals and yoga practice is best. As you practice you will find what works best for you.
- Take your second class within 24 hours to help bypass any soreness you’d experience otherwise.
- Take 10 classes as quickly as possible– then you will see for yourself what this yoga can do for you!
- Don’t think you have to get in shape before coming to class – that puts the cart before the horse. To lose weight and get fit and flexible, come on in for class ASAP!
- This yoga is for everyone! With the guidance of your teacher, simply approach every posture to the best of your ability and you will receive 100% benefit.
- No one will be looking at or judging you during class, so there is no need to feel self-conscious. Each posture requires tremendous focus, so everyone will be concentrating on their own efforts rather than on other students.
- Everyone has different genetics, injuries, and conditions that they are working with, as well as different levels of experience with the yoga. Therefore no two people look the same in the poses! And they aren’t meant to. While it is OK to take inspiration from the abilities of others, it is also helpful not to compare yourself with them.
Feel free to print and fill out our Registration Form ahead of time!